This is the privacy statement of BeeFinity B.V., with its registered office at Edisonweg 1 in (3404 LA) IJsselstein (hereinafter: “BeeFinity”), www.beefinity.com and app.beefinity.com
This privacy statement will apply to all privacy-sensitive information or personal data that we receive from you, whether via an agreement, registration form, e-mail message, contact form or the orders you place. We feel very strongly about the privacy of our clients, because of which we do our utmost to handle and protect personal data with the greatest possible care. We process data in accordance with the conditions stipulated in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
BeeFinity is the controller within the meaning of the GDPR where the processing of your personal data is concerned. As such, we alone determine which personal data is processed, why and how. We are responsible for ensuring that your personal data is processed properly and carefully, in accordance with the GDPR. In this privacy statement, we explain which data we process and the purposes for which it is used.
Overview of personal data
An overview of the personal data we process follows below:
- First name and surname
- Address details
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Company name
- The IP address of a website visitor
- Bank account or credit card details
The purpose of and bases for the processing of personal data
By agreeing to this privacy statement, you are explicitly giving your consent, within the meaning of Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, to process your personal data for the purposes outlined above. Please note that you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. However, if you do not provide us with or do not allow us to process certain data, it is possible that we will not be able to provide you with the level of service you might expect.
If you have not given us explicit consent to process your personal data, or if you have withdrawn this consent, the bases set out in Article 6(1)(b), (c) and/or (f) of the GDPR may apply to the processing of your personal data. In this situation, your personal data may be processed without your consent, if necessary for the performance of an agreement to which you are a party or to represent the justified interests of BeeFinity. We may also be subject to a legal obligation to process your personal data.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To be able to provide you with the services that we have agreed on with you
- To handling payments
- To administer the agreement that we are entering into with you
- To send you our newsletter
- To be able to call or e-mail you, in performance of our services
- To inform you of any changes to our services and products
- To gain an insight into the use of our website
- To offer you the possibility to create an account
- To handle support questions about your account
Retaining personal data
We retain your personal data as long as necessary for the purpose for which we initially obtained your data.
Client data will be deleted from the client database five years after the date of the last purchase. We will not retain personal data any longer than necessary for the purpose for which data is being processed or as required by the Public Records Act (Archiefwet). We will retain your data while you continue to be our client. In other words, we will retain your client profile until you indicate that you no longer wish to use our services, or when you have not bought anything from us for five years.
Questions and support questions and their resolution
If you complete a contact form on the website, or send us an e-mail, the data that you provide will be retained as long as necessary to respond to you, depending on the nature of the form or content of your e-mail.
Data about payments for products or services that have been purchased
Financial data, more specifically information about the transactions that you carry out, will be saved for the period of time required by the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration (Belastingdienst), being seven (7) years, and will then be destroyed.
Provision of personal data to third parties
We are permitted to share your personal data with third parties if compatible with the purposes referred to above. The provision of personal data to third parties may be necessary in relation to performance of the agreement that we enter into with you, to represent a justified interest of ours, or in compliance with any legal obligations to which we are subject. If companies process your personal data on our behalf, we enter into a data processing agreement with them to ensure that the same level of security and confidentiality is maintained in relation to your data. We will continue to be responsible for processing operations in this situation. Other than in the situations outlined above, we will only provide your personal data to other third parties with your explicit consent.
We are permitted to use your personal data for commercial purposes. For example, to inform you about our services or relevant products, or services from carefully selected organizations. In this situation, we will only notify you via the e-mail address that you have registered. If you do not wish to receive any information about relevant products or services, indicate this by simply clicking “unsubscribe” in the e-mail that you have received.
We will also use your personal data for market research and to optimise our services. Where this is the case, your personal data will be anonymised and, as such, will no longer be possible to trace back to you.
Your data will not be sold to or shared with third parties for commercial purposes, unless you give your explicit consent for us to do so.
A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you visit our website for the first time. You can opt out of cookies by changing the settings on your internet browser so that cookies are not saved any more. You can delete all information saved previously via your browser settings too.
We use the following cookies:
- Functional cookies: these are cookies that are vital for the technical functioning of the website and for your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and remember your preferred settings, for example. They enable us to optimise our website too. These are analytical cookies that do not breach your privacy; we do not require your prior consent before using them.
- Google Analytics: cookies from the American company Google are placed on our website as part of the Analytics service. BeeFinity uses this service to obtain reports about how the website is used and to measure quality and effectiveness. We use Google Analytics in the manner required by the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens), because of which we fall under the exception set out in the Cookie Act (Cookiewet) and do not need your prior consent to use Google Analytics.
- SalesFeed: one cookie is placed as standard by SalesFeed software. This cookie is a session cookie, which is also referred to as a first-party cookie. A session cookie is used to keep track of your movements through our website and expires after half an hour of inactivity. SalesFeed software is used to generate statistics about the origin and behaviour of our target groups. It processes the IP addresses of visitors to this end. The IP addresses of some of the Dutch organisations that visit this website are linked to a database containing company data. Information about organisations that are registered after visiting this Website is not shared with third parties. The SalesFeed cookie is an analytical cookie that does not breach your privacy and does not require your prior consent.
- Trengo Chat: To communicate with you on our website through a chat function, we use Trengo chat. Read Trengo’s privacy statement to learn how they handle the data they collect.
Accessing, correcting or deleting personal data
You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you might previously have given for data processing and to object to the processing of your personal data. You will have the right to data portability if we are in possession of digital personal data that we process either with your consent or in performance of an agreement that we have entered into with you. Your right to data portability means that you are able to request us to send you, or an organisation of your choice, a readable computer file containing all of the digital personal data we are retaining that pertain to you.
Please send all personal-data access, correction, deletion and data-transfer requests and requests to withdraw your consent or object to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To verify that you are the originator of a request to access your personal data, always include a copy of your identity document with your request. To protect your privacy, always black out your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone; the strip of numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and citizen service number (BSN). We will respond to your request as soon as possible, being within four weeks at the very latest. We would also like to point out that you have the right to submit a complaint to the national supervisory authority: the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
This privacy statement has been formulated with the use of and possibilities offered by this site in mind. Any updates and/or changes to this site may result in changes to this privacy statement. Given this fact, we recommend that you check this privacy statement on a regular basis.
We take the protection of your data seriously and put appropriate measures in place to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised changes. If you believe that your data has not been secured properly, or if there are signs of misuse, please contact us via email@example.com.
If there is any conflict in meaning between the Dutch version of this privacy statement and the English language version, the Dutch version shall prevail.
Latest update: 15 January 2020